Saturday, October 19, 2013

Quilled sixtieth birthday card.



        It has been more than two month since I made a card , even though I have been quilling a lot. I have been busy making quilled jewellery .  This Navarathri Golu at our library was quite a hit , we did scenes from the life and teachings of Swami Vivekananda ,our sincere effort at celebrating his 150th birth anniversary. I also got a week off to visit my mother .
       A couple of days ago I received an order for a birthday card for a sixtieth birthday. Sixtieth birthday is considered very important in many places in India. Some celebrate the day by performing many rituals including some wedding rituals. Most often children perform the wedding of their parents and seek their blessings.
        I first printed out the 60 and then used white colour 300 gsm paper over it. Then I added swirls and flowers to the card little by little until I liked the final result . I always hope I know where to stop , I love these beautiful swirls and would gladly fill up every available space. As always I enjoyed the on edge quilling. I hand cut the white and heavy green paper used for making the swirls , the rest are store bought 5mm strips.
        Thanks for stopping by , Have a lovely day.
     

25 comments:

Angel said...

Gorgeous !!!..i love those swirls ...

Ann Martin said...

An absolutely beautiful design and perfectly balanced. I hope the recipient will frame it!

Sheetal Ahlawat said...

So very pretty!

Radhika said...

lovely birthday card suganthi ..beautiful swirls..

Dr Sonia S V said...

You make such stunning creations Suganthi.This is awesome.Love the way the 60 looks in a gorgeous garden!!

Suman Pandit said...

Suganthi,this looks so balanced and attractive !!

Sathya said...

Sure a beautiful keepsake :)Always u are inspiring us with ur utmost neatness, perfection, Suganthi!!!!

SD pooja said...

Its so perfect n amazing quilling !

ecstaticoverpaper.blogspot.com said...

Absolutely gorgeous,Suganthi. Love the way it is done so neatly.

Paper Zen said...

Beautifully done Suganthi! The colors go so well together and my eye travels repeatedly.

Ranjana's craft blog said...

Awesome...it looks made up of curls...

kalanirmitee said...

Awesome card!! Loved the swirls!

WhiteRacoon said...

Impressive! Lovely design with quillography and flowers.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colours and design!

quilled paper paradise said...

Wonderful, precise, with a real sense for details. Great swirls! Hugs from Croatia.

DreaMe said...

So lovely and clean work - I admire your art!!!

Christine said...

Totally gorgeous and your work is so neat.
Chris
http://ajourneyintoquilling.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Lovely swirls. Your creations are always different.

AndreaB said...

Wonderful pattern. And I love your tutorials. I have one question though. I'm new to quilling and I live overseas from all of my friends and family. If I were to make quilled cards for them, how to you mail them? I mean, those get thick and I wouldn't want my cards to get all squished in the mail. Any suggestions?

Unknown said...

Mind.Boggling

Ananda
www.asquilling.blogspot.in

Unknown said...

This is awesome card!Congrats!

painted princess collection said...

perfect execution suganthi.The swirls run thru the number perfectly creating stunning effect.
anandhi

Sudha said...

Pretty awesome n Cheerful too.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.in
crazycrafter-craftsuppliesshop.blogspot.in

Helen said...

so pretty!

Pritesh Dagur said...

Perfection!